Tuesday, May 10, 2011

I love me some dice rolling.

Conquest of Nerath promises lots of die rolling.
Today as a gamer we have a very large assortment of games to choose from not only in theme but also in mechanics. Growing up things were simple, you lined guys up and you rolled some dice. Eventually that turned into role playing games and more sophisticated ways of rolling dice and checking tables but the bottom line is you were always rolling dice.

Somewhere along the line rolling dice became a "bad thing" we needed better ways to solve conflicts. While there is no question we have gotten many different ways of resolving conflict over the years as the hobby has grown not all of them are better. Perhaps some people like resolving combat with cards in the new version of Dungeon Quest but I'm not one of them.

I don't hate dice rolling games, in fact I very much enjoy them from time to time. Axis & Allies remains one of my favorite games to this day. I'm also very big on fantasy themed games, my collection contains just about every dungeon crawler you can find and an assortment of fantasy themed die rolling strategy games.

So when my love of fantasy and die rolling are combined I'm pretty much in from the jump on a game. That's why June can't get her fast enough so I can find a copy of  Wizard's of the Coast Conquest of Nerath. 

There is not a lot of information out on this game as of yet so I'm not sure if the targeted June 21st date is going to hold but it looks like my type of game. From the publishers site:

Conquest of Nerath is a fantasy conquest game. 2-4 players muster armies of foot soldiers, siege engines, monsters, warships, elementals, and dragons to attack their opponents. Players employ heroes such as knights and wizards to lead their troops and explore dungeons in the search of magical artifacts and treasures to increase their power in combat.

Conquest, monsters, siege weapons, heroes and dungeons whats not to like? Check back later in the summer as I'll most definitely be covering this one.

0 comments:

Follow Us

iconlogo_youtube iconlogo_twitter

Blog Information

Blog Archive

Recently Played

Powered by Blogger.