Saturday, July 05, 2008

Some games just require you to be uncomfortable.

I'm a big computer role playing gamer, I just love all the old school games like BG2, Icewind Dale, Eye of the Beholder and a lot of the newer titles too. I think I got 4 good years of play out of NWN1, don't get me started on NWN2 which is a steaming pile.

I like the new games as well, but I discovered something the other day. For me a crpg needs the "C" and by that I mean I need to be sitting over my 27 inch monitor and playing on the computer. Maybe there is something wrong with me, but I have a 9 foot 1080p screen in my house and when I play a game like Mass Effect on it I fall asleep. Actually some of the best sleep I have ever gotten was playing Oblivion on my 360 in my recliner.

So on a whim I picked up ME for the PC and I have been loving it, and not once have I nodded off. Then I started thinking I burned through the Witcher, played BG2 for the 10th time and even started playing Fallout 2 again. But put me in front of a huge screen with 7.1 sounds and I am going night - night.

I just couldn't figure out why and then it hit me, i need to be uncomfortable. Maybe I need to be shifting in my old PC chair which creeks and sounds like it is gong to give way every time I shift my weight. Maybe the worn plastic on the right hand arm that scratches me every 5 minutes is what keeps me going through the endless banter.

So with Fall Out 3 coming out this fall I've decided I am going to PC route, my ass may hate me when were done but at least I know I'll finish it.

0 comments:

Follow Us

iconlogo_youtube iconlogo_twitter

Blog Information

Recently Played

Powered by Blogger.