Monday, March 03, 2008

News & Notes, Contest Update

I've settled on 3 banners I really like, I wish I had a prize to give all of them but I don't. Because I can't decide which one works best I am going to leave it up to my wife. I'll be announcing the winner tomorrow night.

Days of Wonder has announced a Ticket to Ride Card game, I love TTR as much as the next guy and think the Swiss expansion is a must buy. But I wonder if this is just milking the name for some cash at this point.

Preview #7 is up over at the FFG site, this time covering monster I do believe. I must imagine this game will arrive very shortly to their warehouse to be promoting it this much. Also of interest while I was sick over the weekend, word has broke that an Anniversary Edition of Axis & Allies is due this year in October. This newest edition brings the number of Axis & Allies versions up to 1 million. All kidding aside here is the blurb found on the Geek.

The Axis & Allies Anniversary Edition will feature the debut of Italy as the third Axis nation, the introduction of the cruiser unit to the naval lineup, and the largest Axis & Allies board to-date measuring 24x46 inches. With over 600 pieces, players will be able to recreate and decide the outcome of WWII like never before. The Axis & Allies Anniversary Edition is designed and developed by Larry Harris, the original designer of Axis & Allies, and will release on October 23, 2008.

A&A was one of my favorite games when I was in college, we use to play it all the time. I don't think I've touched the game in many years but I will probably pick this one up. Another Avalon Hill classic being re-printed in anniversary form is Diplomacy, this is due out this month. I still have a version from when I was a kid, it has better bits then this new version.

Thats all for today, this months contest will run later in the month and it will be for one of the Battle Lore expansions, I'll post moreo n that later.

0 comments:

Follow Us

iconlogo_youtube iconlogo_twitter

Blog Information

Recently Played

Powered by Blogger.